International Students

Dunwoody College of Technology offers a project-based, technical education in a small-college setting. Located in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Dunwoody is a good fit for students who are looking to acquire technical skills and degrees that emphasize problem-solving and preparing for a career in a specific industry.

Dunwoody invites international students who are interested to apply to the College.

Admissions Requirements

To apply to Dunwoody, complete the online Application for Admission and pay the $50 application fee (payment instructions are included in the application).

As part of the application, you should also attach the following documents. So you should gather them before applying:

  1. Official High School Transcript. Written in English and evaluated by an outside agency. Students who are unable to provide transcripts from their home country, for any reason, are required to take the GED exam and present a certified copy of their GED transcript.
  2. Proof of English Proficiency. Dunwoody College requires all international applicants from a non-English speaking country to submit an English proficiency test score. English proficiency can be demonstrated by submitting ONE of the following official scores:
    • TOEFL: (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score report of 65 on the Internet Based TOEFL (iBT) with a subscore of 20 on the written and 20 on the speaking sections. Dunwoody Code: 9915
    • IELTS: (International English Language Testing System) score report of 6.5.
    • SAT critical reading score of 450. Dunwoody Code: 2265
    • ACT English score of 19. Dunwoody Code: 6281
    • IB (International Baccalaureate) Higher Level English score of 4.
    • AP (College Entrance Examination Board Advanced Placement) examination in English Literature/Composition score of 4.
    • Duolingo score of 90 or above.
  3. Certification of Finances form (DOCX file). On this form indicate the financial sources for the expense of attending the college.
  4. Letter of Recommendation. Though not required, a letter of recommendation is strongly encouraged.
  5. Copy of passport picture page showing a minimum of 6 months validity.

Admissions FAQ

What is the deadline for applying?

We enroll up to the semester starts, however, we encourage you to apply by April 1 for fall semester (August start) and September 1 for spring semester (January start).

How much does it cost to apply?

A $50 application fee is required to process students applications.

Should I bring my own computer?

No, a computer is provided to each student when enrolled in a program at Dunwoody which is equipped with all necessary software and applications needed to successfully complete the program.

Do I need to write an essay?

Yes, students must respond to the essay prompt on the online application form to be considered for admissions.

What are the minimum requirements for admissions? What do I need to get in?

Admission decisions are based on a careful, overall assessment of each student’s academic preparation and performance as well as the additional information provided in the application. Although the strongest consideration in the decision is given to the primary factors listed below, no single factor is the deciding factor in the decision.

Primary factors*:

  • Coursework through high school graduation
  • Performance in previous college-level coursework (if applicable)
  • Grade Point Average
  • ACT, SAT, or PSAT scores (if available)

Secondary factors:

  • Outstanding talent, achievement, or aptitude in a particular area
  • Military service
  • Evidence of having overcome social, economic, or physical barriers to educational achievement
  • Significant responsibility in a family, community, job, or activity

*Additional requirements may be required for certain programs

How do I submit my transcripts and my scores?

Students are encouraged to attach all required admissions form to the online application form when applying. If you didn’t do that, then please email all documents to

When will I find out if I got accepted?

Students will be contacted within one week of being accepted via email from DSO.

What TOEFL score do I need?

Students need a score report of 65 on the Internet Based TOEFL (iBT) with a subscore of 20 on the written and 20 on the speaking sections to be admitted at Dunwoody College.

I am from an English-speaking country. Do I still need to provide proof of English proficiency?

No, students from an English-speaking country are not required to submit proof of English proficiency.

If I am already in the U.S on an F-1 visa, how would I transfer to Dunwoody College?

Dunwoody College will identify a transfer student and require them to complete the Transfer In Form.

How would I get my I-20?

Upon acceptance Dunwoody will issue an I-20 to the student.

Post-Admissions Requirements

    1. Complete the enrollment agreement form
    2. Submit financial documentation
      • Proof of financial capability requirements: U.S. Department of Homeland Security regulations require the university maintain records showing you have met its financial requirements. You are responsible for demonstrating you have sufficient funds to meet all education and personal expenses for the duration of your F-1 status at the college. This means you must provide proof you have at least the amount necessary to cover your tuition, fees, living and personal expenses for your first academic year (nine months). NOTE: If you attend a summer session and/or bring your spouse or other dependents with you to the United States, you must certify you have the additional funding necessary to cover the additional costs.
      • To submit bank statements/financial documentation: official proof of funding cannot be more than 3 months old at the time of application and funding needs to be in liquid assets only. Funds do not need to be in U.S. dollars. The documentation of funding (for applicant, family member & individual sponsor) must be on original bank letterhead stationery with a signature of a bank official in ink. A photocopy of a bank statement, savings account statement or certificate of deposit will also be accepted if it is stamped by the issuing bank in original stamp ink and has a signature of a bank official in ink. An English translation by an official translating agency may be necessary. If so, please provide this along with the documentation you submit. All financial documentation must be received before your immigration paperwork can be issued. Financial documentation should be emailed to
    3. Pay the $100.00 Tuition Deposit (you’ll receive information from Admissions on this once you have been accepted to the College)
    4. Submit the Transfer In Form (this is only for students already in the US on an F-1 visa)

    Additional documents required for students with dependents

    • Copy of dependent passport photo page with a minimum of six month validity
    • Proof of relationship: a marriage certificate for spouse; birth certificates for any children