Tutoring & Workshops
The Elftmann Student Success Center offers both structured and customized workshops to all Dunwoody students.
Structured workshops are offered during set dates each year.
Guided Study Sessions & Workshops
Guided Study Sessions are developed throughout the year to fit requests of students and/or instructors. Examples of covered topics include: fundamental math, writing, study skills, computer literacy, and AP style formatting.
Guided Study Sessions run:
- Monday – Friday, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. or by appointment
To schedule an appointment, email Eeris Fritz at email@example.com
Free Summer Bridge to Success Seminars
Bridge to Success seminars are geared to incoming students and are offered the week prior to the start of the fall semester. There is no cost to students.
Contact Eeris Fritz at 612.381.8122 or firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot.
Our Peer Tutoring Team is Here to Help You
The Elftmann Student Success Center provides free tutoring support to Dunwoody students in a wide variety of disciplines. Tutors are typically second-year students who are recommended by program faculty and trained by the Success Center staff, so they know what it takes to be successful.
Tutors hold regular hours in the Success Center, and many also hold hours in their respective lab areas. Tutors are available with or without an appointment for in-person help. Online tutoring is available by appointment via Microsoft Teams.
In addition, Success Center staff are available for further guidance and support.
In addition to program-specific help, our staff and tutors are happy to help you with the following topics and skills:
- Algebra and Boolean Algebra
- Geometry and Trigonometry
- Electricity theory, circuits, and electronics
- Design software — such as Solidworks
- Basic computer support
- Assignments and projects for technical classes
The Peer Tutor Team (PT²)
- Mon-Fri: 2-5 p.m.
- Sat. 9 a.m. – noon, or by appointment
- Additional times can be scheduled with each tutor
Becoming a Tutor
The Elftmann Student Success Center provides a tutor for many technical programs at Dunwoody College of Technology.
- Successfully complete at least 1 semester of technical work at Dunwoody College
- Receive a recommendation from a technical instructor
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher
Process For Becoming a Tutor
- Contact Eeris Fritz to discuss the application process and to schedule an interview:
Phone: 612-381-8122 | Email: email@example.com | Office: Black 52D
- Ask a financial aid representative if you qualify for work study.
- Ensure your instructor recommendation is emailed to Eeris Fritz.
- For the interview, you must bring a problem from your technical program to conduct a tutoring session. The problem should take approximately 20 minutes to work through.
- Tutors are expected to complete training in preparation for this responsibility.
All tutors are expected to:
- Punch in and out daily
- Welcome students
- Offer tutoring
- Help maintain a positive learning environment
- Monitor students
- Keep the general rules of ESSC (no eating, make sure drinks have a lid, etc.)
- Maintain a reasonable volume among student conversations
- Regularly contact 1st and 2nd semester students within your program
- Track tutoring visits
Faculty: Recommend A Student For Support
For more information, please contact Eeris Fritz at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-381-8122.