Program Placement Rate:
Source 2021-22 Dunwoody Career Services Annual Report
Pursue a five-year professional Bachelor of Architecture degree (two-year associate’s degree + three-year Bachelor of Architecture completion degree).
Job Inquiries Per Graduate
Source 2019-20 Dunwoody Career Services Annual Report
The +3 completion degree is structured as follows:
This first year of the +3 B.Arch. program has a heavy emphasis on design thinking by working with hands-on techniques of physical model making and 2D-representation using a suite of Autodesk and Adobe programs. This year introduces students to city and site, client and program, and the global history of architecture, including diverse traditions in the built environment.
View Year 3 Student Work (on ISSUU)
The fourth year studios emphasizes research and participatory models of community engagement using real world projects. The history and theory curriculum deepens to include a study of urbanism, activism, globalization, and the vernacular. Students are often involved in study abroad programs or design-build and fabrication projects, gaining expertise in 3D-representation and fabrication techniques in addition to broadening their knowledge of culture and society.
View Year 4 Student Work (on ISSUU)
The final year of the Bachelor of Architecture culminates in two distinctive studios: the first half of the year is dedicated to a technically rigorous, integrative studio, and the second half complements this technical rigor with a highly individualized, experimental, and exploratory studio project that enables students to develop deep and focused expertise in one area, whether that be design build, fabrication, climate justice and architecture, or some other specific topic.
View Year 5 Student Thesis Work (on ISSUU)
- NAAB National Architectural Accrediting Board – Accredited Program
- AIA American Institute of Architects – Minnesota Chapter – Committee Members
- AIAS American Institute of Architecture Students – Local Chapter Member
- NOMAS The National Organization of Minority Architects – Local Chapter Member
- CSI Construction Specifications Institute – Minnesota Chapter – Member Institution
- ACSA Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture – Member Institution
- ACADIA Association of Computer Aided Design In Architecture – Member Institution
+18% Growth 2012-2022 (above average)
*2013 AIA Compensation Report: A Survey of U.S. Architecture Firms, www.aia.org
**2014 ACSA Atlas Project, www.acsa-arch.org
Class topics include:
- City & Site, Site & Precedent, Program & Society
- Global History of Architecture, Metropolis & Activism, Research
- Ordering Systems, Fabrication, Material Studies
- Professional Practice, Business Management, Entrepreneurship
To view program requirements, including required courses, electives, course descriptions, and credit hours, visit:
Common Job Titles
Possible job titles upon graduation include:
- Architectural Designer
- Project Architect
- Project Manager
- Senior Designer
- Job Captain
Opportunities to get involved outside of the classroom include:
- American Institute of Architecture Students (AIAS)
- Women In Architecture (WIA)
- National Organization of Minority Architecture Students (NOMA)
- Construction Specifications Institute (CSI)
Academic Excellence Award Winner David Jensen
For many, architecture is an art form. For artist David Jensen, architecture has become his new medium.
Jensen, who will graduate this May with a Bachelor Architecture from Dunwoody College of Technology, discovered his love of architecture through his art.
Work in open concept studio spaces designed to foster collaboration and learning.
- Individual work spaces
- Drafting kits
- Physical modeling kits
- Large format printer
- Wall and table spaces for displaying/reviewing architectural plans
Create products, prototypes, and projects by using computer-aided design tools and then producing them in cardboard, plywood, plastic, and other materials.
- 2 laser cutters
- Stratsys 3D printer
- 3-axis CNS router, belt sanders, scroll saws, drills, wire cutters
- Spray booth with utility sink