Library Catalogs and Databases
MnPALS is our online Library catalog. It is a portal that provides Internet access to our print and eBook catalog as well as the online catalogs of all of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities, and many private college and university libraries, state government libraries, public libraries, and special libraries statewide; this access enables students to do catalog searches of our Dunwoody Library or any of the other PALS consortium libraries.
SEARCH the Dunwoody catalog*
*Search other libraries in the MnPALS catalog by scrolling through the ‘Select a Location’ drop down box.
You can access eBooks on the Dunwoody Catalog by clicking on the title of the book to get to an extended description; then scroll down to Internet – Click to access this online resource. This will enable the downloading option.
Additional information on checking out and downloading eBooks:
Our print book collections are organized by subject, using the Dewey Decimal Classification System. It is a proprietary library classification system first published in the United States by Melvil Dewey in 1876; it has been revised and expanded through 23 major editions, the latest issued in 2011. Call numbers on the books spines correspond to the major Dewey classes.
- 000 Computer Science, Information and General Works
- 100 Philosophy – Psychology – Logic – Ethics
- 200 Religion
- 300 Social Sciences – Sociology – Statistics – Economics – Law – Education
- 400 Language – Writing
- 500 Science – Mathematics – Physics – Chemistry – Earth Sciences and Geology
- 600 Technology – Engineering – Management and Public Relations – Manufacturing – Manufacturing for specific uses – Building and Construction
- 700 Arts & Recreation – Landscaping – Architecture – Drawing and Decorative Arts – Painting – Graphic Arts – Photography – Computer Art – Music – Sports, Games and Entertainment
- 800 Literature
- 900 History & Geography
EBSCOhost is the world’s largest scholarly, multidisciplinary, full-text database. Designed specifically for academic institutions, connect to access full-text articles from nearly 6,000 publications. Off-campus access to this Library portal is available after you log-in to the FortiClient VPN. The EBSCO host gateway provides access to a number of databases.
To access EBSCOhost:
- Click here
- Enter your username and password
- Click the “click to connect to EBSCOhost” link
- Scroll down to find specific databases, including:
- Academic Search Premier – a leading scholarly database designed for the premier researcher. This database covers the expansive academic disciplines now being offered in colleges and universities, and provides access to acclaimed full-text journals, magazines, and other valuable resources.
- Art Full Text – a comprehensive resource for art information featuring full-text articles from more than 300 periodicals dating back to 1995, high-quality indexing and abstracting of over 600 periodicals dating as far back as 1984, as well as indexing and abstracting of over 13,000 art dissertations. Indexing of almost 200,000 art reproductions provides examples of styles and art movements.
- Avery Index – an index that surveys thousands of U.S. and foreign journals. Avery covers international, scholarly and popular periodical literature, including publications of professional associations, U.S. state and regional periodicals, and major serial publications on the architecture and design of Europe, Asia, Latin America and Australia.
- Business Source Premier – the industry’s most popular business research database, featuring full text back to 1965 for more than 2,200 journals. Additional full text, non-journal content includes market research reports, industry reports, country reports, company profiles and SWOT analyses.
- eBook Academic Collection – More than 135,000 eBooks; a large selection of multidisciplinary titles representing a broad range of academic subject matter, ensuring that users will have access to information relevant to their research needs. Books can be downloaded and read on a computer or mobile device.
To search and download eBooks (PDF format) to your desktop or laptop, use Adobe Digital Editions (click to download and install on your computer): (1.7.1 or higher) through Internet Explorer or Firefox. Note: In order to download eBooks, you must have Adobe Digital Editions installed on your computer. – To download and search the eBooks Academic Collection on a mobile device, use the EBSCO eBooks app from Google Play or iTunes. For help, see the EBSCO eBooks app tutorial.
MADCAD is a cloud-based reference library to codes and standards. (Below are the codes and standards we subscribe to. Only one con-current user is allowed at a time, so if you can’t get in, please try again later.)
- 2015 NFPA 1: Fire Code
- 2014 NFPA 70: National Electrical Code (NEC)
- 2014 NFPA 70: Electrical Code (NEC) Handbook
- 2015 NFPA 70E: Handbook for Electrical Safety in the Workplace
- 2015 NFPA 101: Life Safety Code
- Architectural Graphic Standards, 11 Edition / 2007
- Architectural Graphic Standards for Residential Construction, 2nd Edition / 2010
- ASTM Standards Referenced in 2015 ICC Codes Package
- Interior Graphic Standards, 2nd Edition / 2010
- Landscape Architectural Graphic Standards / 2006
- Planning and Urban Design Standards / 2006
- USGBC LEED v4 Reference Guides
AskMN – An online service for information and research help available to all Minnesota residents and students – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. AskMN is a cooperative service of Minnesota libraries.
MnKnows – Your Portal to Minnesota’s Online Library Services is provided by Minitex, an information and resource sharing program of the Minnesota Office of Higher Education and the University of Minnesota Libraries.
- MnLINK Gateway – Search and place requests to have books, CDs, DVDs, articles, and more delivered to your local library—or access electronic books and journals online.
- Electronic Library for Minnesota – find online articles and electronic books on a vast array of topics. Try this first instead of Google, Yahoo, or MSN for trusted information resources.
- Minnesota Reflections – find photos, documents, and maps related to Minnesota history.
APAStyle.org – APA (American Psychological Association) site devoted to APA style writing guidelines and rules.
Purdue OWL Online Writing Lab – APA Formatting and Style Guide – examples for the general format of APA research papers, in-text citations, endnotes/footnotes, and the reference page.