P2C Industry Mentorship Program
The P2C scholarship program seeks diverse professionals to serve as mentors for students!
We strive to work with community organizations and industry partners to identify and build relationships using mentors, hands-on activities, and academic support.
The program utilizes a one-on-one mentoring format, where mentors and students are matched by similar career field. Mentors and students build relationships during one school year, beginning in the Fall Semester and ending in May. Communication may occur virtually or in person, depending on the preferences of the student and their mentor. Orientation, training and professional development is provided for all mentors.
Professionals in the following STEM or skilled trade fields are preferred:
- Automotive Technology Fields
- Construction and Design Fields
- Robotics and Manufacturing fields
- Engineering Fields
- Computer Science fields
- Can commit to a full nine months of mentorship
- Are men or women working in the following technical STEM fields – Automotive, Computer Technology, Construction Science, Robotics, Manufacturing, and Engineering.
- Are interested in offering career guidance and building a positive, supportive relationship with a current Dunwoody student
- Complete a mentor training and orientation (Fall 2022)
- Meet with your mentee at least once per month
- Attend an end of year celebration (May 2023)
- 1-3 hours each month
The Pathways to Careers (P2C) Program is a new scholarship program with two distinct chapters focused on preparing underserved and under-represented for college success, immediate jobs, and great careers!
Chapter one serves current juniors and seniors in high school. Upon acceptance into the program, juniors and seniors participate in a 3-week summer experience at the Dunwoody College campus to gain exposure to the many degree options Dunwoody offers through an immersive and engaging way to prepare them for technical education.
Chapter two participants are post-traditional adults pursuing their technical education at Dunwoody.
P2C participants receive a scholarship of up to $10,000 with wrap-around support to ensure their success and college persistence at Dunwoody.
INTERESTED IN BECOMING A MENTOR?
Please contact Augustine Kietzer at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.