Radiologic Technology Accreditation Information
The Radiologic Technology Program is accredited by the:
Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT)
20 North Wacker Drive, Suite 2850
Chicago, Illinois 60606-3182
Tel: (312) 704-5300
Upon completion of the program, students are eligible to take the national certification exam offered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists, ARRT.
Consistent with the Dunwoody College of Technology mission, the mission of the Radiologic Technology Program is to provide a high quality education in the profession of Radiologic Technology through the use of competency-based clinical and comprehensive didactic techniques, and to assist our students to be an integral part of the health care team that provides compassionate care to the community.
- Students will graduate with the skills to be clinically competent.
- Students will demonstrate problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Students will communicate effectively.
- Students will demonstrate the benefits of professional growth and development.
- Students will demonstrate correct positioning skills.
- Students will produce images of diagnostic quality.
- Students will select appropriate technical factors.
- Students will demonstrate written communication skills.
- Students will demonstrate verbal communication skills
- Students will determine the importance of continual professional development.
- Students will demonstrate professionalism.
- Students will demonstrate problem solving skills by using alternative positioning methods to fit patient conditions.
Program Effectiveness Data
The performance of the program is reflected through program effectiveness data as defined by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology. Program effectiveness data includes the program completion rate, credentialing examination pass rate and job placement rate. Explanations of these measures and program data that correspond with the annual report most recently submitted to the JRCERT are noted below. This information can also be obtained at www.jrcert.org/resources/program-effectiveness-data. Questions about program effectiveness data should be directed to the Program Director.
The Radiography Program’s 2016 Annual Report to the JRCERT reflected the following:
- Program Completion Rate – 89% (16 of 18 students)
- ARRT Pass Rate – 75% (12 of 16 students)
- Job Placement Rate – 100% (16 of 16 students)
The Radiography Program’s 5 year average (2012-2016):
- Program Completion Rate – 92% (98 of 107 students)
- ARRT Pass Rate – 86% (83 of 97 students)
- Job Placement Rate – 96% (89 of 93 students)