Transfer Information

Transfer Evaluation

Dunwoody accepts course credits from other regionally or nationally accredited higher education institutions. Transfer evaluations done by other institutions are not accepted. Only course work earned at the institution issuing the official transcript will be evaluated. Courses will be considered for transfer if they meet the following criteria.

  1. Send official transcripts from all previously attended colleges to Admissions department.
  2. Registrar’s Office evaluates official transcripts for potential transfer credits.
  3. Students will be notified of their evaluation via their Dunwoody email address.

Students may be asked to provide a syllabus listing the course description and competencies of coursework.

Students can see the transfer credits on their Academic Plan and Dunwoody transcript at Transfer courses will have a grade of TR. Transfer credits will not be computed into cumulative GPA. However, they will impact student’s Satisfactory Academic Progress pace for completion.

For an unofficial look at which of your credits my transfer to Dunwoody, visit Transferology. Note: which of your courses will show up as transferable will vary by which program you want to transfer to.

All of Dunwoody’s transfer policies are published in the Student Handbook.

Transfer Requirements

  • The course(s) under consideration must be comparable in nature, content and level to a course offered by Dunwoody.
  • Departments may have additional requirements for specific technical courses. This could include requiring a higher minimum grade and/or limitations on how long ago the course was taken to be eligible for transfer.
  • Experiential Learning such as study abroad, independent study, workshops, field experience, and internships will be subject to review for the level and comparability of the learning experience.
  • Upper division credit transfer can be only accepted if courses were in upper division at the previous institution.
  • Transfer credits cannot exceed Dunwoody’s policies. Click here to view the maximum allowable transfer credits per program.

International Transcripts

For additional requirements for transcripts from international students, see the International Transcripts section of the Transfer Students page of the College Catalog & Student Handbook.

AP, CLEP, AND IB Transfer Credits

Dunwoody awards transfer credits to students who have completed and passed the official exams for Advanced Placement (AP), College Level Examination Program (CLEP), and International Baccalaureate (IB).

Specific course credit is awarded when exam content is comparative in nature and material to a Dunwoody course. Credit amounts and equivalences are based off national guidelines and the current Dunwoody catalog and are subject to change. In accordance with Dunwoody’s transfer policy, credit is only awarded when applicable to the student’s Academic Plan. General elective credit will be granted when there are no other places to apply credit on a student’s academic plan (arts & sciences courses only).

AP Exams & Dunwoody Equivalent

CLEP Exams and Dunwoody Equivalent

IB Exams and Dunwoody Equivalent