Veteran & Military Students
Admissions Information for Veterans
Dunwoody College is proud of our long history of educating veterans. Our hands-on, applied approach tends to be familiar and valuable to those who have received military training.
More than 14 percent of our current students are veterans.
The admissions application fee and enrollment fees are waived for all Veterans and military students. The Department of Veterans Affairs recognizes Dunwoody as a Benefits Eligible College. For details, contact an Admissions Counselor at 612.374.5800 or email@example.com. You can also download our Guide to Military and VA Education Benefits (PDF). More information can be found on the main Financial Aid page.
Orientation will focus on resources that are available to support your academic success. You will receive an invitation in the mail after you enroll at Dunwoody with information about the time and date for Orientation. Dunwoody offers a special orientation session for Veterans enrolling for the first time.
At these sessions, you will learn more about:
- The Veterans Resource/Study Area
- Dunwoody’s Veteran and Military Student Organization (where you will meet other veterans as well as meet key staff members who can answer your important questions.)
- Your Veterans benefits and financial aid
- Academic support and Student Services
- We are committed to helping veteran students make a successful transition from a military to an academic environment!
Military Educational Credit
Veterans who enroll as students will receive a fair evaluation of their military transcript.
Yellow Ribbon Program
The Yellow Ribbon program is a voluntary agreement between Veterans Affairs and the College that allows eligible students (current and newly admitted) to have funding of up to $1,000 matched by the College. All Veterans and students receiving VA benefits are encouraged to also apply for Federal Financial Aid.
Only individuals entitled to the maximum Post-9/11 GI Bill benefit rate (based on service requirements) are eligible for Yellow Ribbon funding. Therefore, you may be eligible if:
- You served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001 of at least 36 months;
- You were honorably discharged from active duty for a service-connected disability and you served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001; and
- You are a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill based on a veteran’s service under the eligibility criteria listed above.
To qualify for the Yellow Ribbon program, you must:
- Have served 36 months on active duty in the United States military after September 10, 2001, thus making you 100% eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill.
- Submit an application for the Post-9/11 GI Bill to the Department of Veterans Affairs online at www.va.gov and provide a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to your Admissions Counselor.
- Be admitted to Dunwoody College of Technology.
Lesley Arntzen, Financial Aid Counselor
Barbara Charboneau, Director of Financial Aid