New program; First graduating class in May 2020
Dunwoody’s Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering is designed for those who want a project-focused, team-oriented engineering education that starts on day one.
Job Inquiries Per Dunwoody Graduate
Source 2018-19 Dunwoody Career Services Annual Report
Controls Engineering LabAssemble and program the industrial controls used in discrete manufacturing and advanced process control applications.
- 24 Individual Work Stations
- AB CompactLogix PLCs
- PanelView HMIs
- Kinetix Motion Controllers
- Cognex Machine Vision Systems
Engineering, Materials, Mechanics & Metrology LabOpen to all manufacturing and engineering students (and those with training on the equipment), this lab brings together equipment for additive manufacturing, material testing, measurement,...
- Two Stratasys Fortus 250 3D Printers
- One Stratasys F370 3D Printer
- One Fortus 400 3D Printer
- Two MakerBot 3D Printers
- Two Zeiss Duramax Coordinate Measurement Machines
- Two MTS Criterion Tensile/Shear/Compression Testers
- 7 Haas CNC Controller Simulators
- One Zeiss Stemi 305 Microscope
Basic Electricity LabComplete projects that help you learn the fundamentals of electricity, including how to analyze, design, build, and test series, parallel and combination AC and DC...
- 12 Oscilloscopes
- 12 powersupplies and function generators
- 12 Elenco circuit prototyping stations
- 12 Relay Logic control panels
Gene Haas Manufacturing Innovation LabLearn to program CNC milling and turning operations and develop the tooling used in modern manufacturing processes like injection molding and metal stamping.
- 10 Haas CNC Mini Mills
- 2 Haas VF2 Mills
- Haas ST-10 Lathe
- Sodick Wire EDM
- Charmilles Sinker EDM
- Cincinatti Injection Mold Press
FoundryLearn to cast metal with an industrial kiln.
- 1 VK Industrial Kiln
- Various crucibles and pouring equipment
- Sand casting molds and tools