2019 Commencement Information
Congratulations on your upcoming graduation from Dunwoody College! We look forward to celebrating with you and your family. Additional information about the event and steps you will need to take to participate will be updated here as information becomes available.
Students who will complete certificates, associate degrees, or bachelor programs during the Fall 2018, Spring 2019, or Summer 2019 semesters are eligible to participate in the Spring 2019 Commencement Ceremony.
Fall 2018 graduates can now sign up for the ceremony and order a cap and gown. Additional event information will be sent to your Dunwoody email.
There will be a live stream of the ceremony and a recording will be posted to the Dunwoody YouTube Channel.
Highlights from the 2018 Commencement ceremony
- Thursday, May 23, 2019, 7 p.m.
- Minneapolis Convention Center, Main Auditorium
1301 Second Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55403
Instructions for Graduates:
- Staging room time and location will be determined at a later date. Additional information will be communicated via email.
- Seating in the auditorium is first-come, first-serve. There is no need for guests to RSVP. Directions and accommodation information can be found by visiting the Minneapolis Convention Center website.
- Tuesday, April 30, McNamara Center
Graduates are invited to celebrate their graduation from the Dunwoody College of Technology. Graduates can pick up their Cap & Gown for the Commencement Ceremony.
Attendance is encouraged for those planning to walk during Commencement, but all Fall 2018, Spring 2019, and Summer 2019 graduates are invited.
- Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 5 p.m., McNamara Center, Dunwoody College of Technology
Graduates and their guests will have the opportunity to meet with faculty, visit classrooms, display work, and tour the campus.
Hors d’Oeuvres and refreshments will be provided.
Please take a few minutes to complete the Graduate Information Form, including information on:
- Cap/Gown Size Information
- Update Contact Information
- Ceremony Attendance Status
- Post-Graduation Plans
- Missed Cap & Gown Pickup: If you didn’t pick up your cap & gown at Countdown to Commencement, you can do so at the ceremony check-in. Please plan to arrive at 5:45 p.m. to collect your regalia
- Attire Guidelines: No stiletto heels, tennis shoes, or sneakers should be worn. The tassel should hang on the right side of the cap. The hood should be placed around your neck. Staff will be available to assist you in getting into your gown, cap, and hood.
- Academic Records Request: Order transcripts and enrollment/degree verifications.
- Ceremony Announcements: Order announcements to invite guests.
- International Guests: Request invitation letters for international guests from the Office of the Registrar (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ceremony Pictures: Professional photos will be taken during the ceremony. Proofs can be viewed and photos ordered via the GradImages website. GradImages will also send proofs to your personal email.
- Diploma Frame: Available in the Dunwoody Bookstore and online.