Tuition & Payment Policies


Students can choose one of the following options to receive any credit balance refunds:

  • Elect to have funds deposited directly into their bank account. Please fill out the ACH Direct Deposit Authorization form (PDF). Note that this form will require the attachment of a voided check or deposit slip and all paperwork will need to be submitted to the Accounting Office. Please allow at least three business days following submission of this form for direct deposit to take effect.
  • If you do not elect direct deposit, the default will be that a check will be mailed to the address that you have on record with the Registrar’s Office. If your address changes at any time, please make sure to update your information with the Registrar’s Office.

In addition to selecting one of the options above, please note that you also have the ability to have your funds held on your Dunwoody account to be credited towards future charges. This requires that you fill out the Credit Balance Authorization form (PDF). This form will need to be submitted to the Accounting Office. Under federal law, we are not allowed to carry any funds over the summer unless you are attending summer semester, in this case, you will be refunded the balance via the option you have chosen above.

To determine if you are going to be receiving a refund, continue to monitor your account balance on using the “Statements & Payments” icon. There will be a credit balance on your account if you will be receiving a refund. Once the refund has been issued, you will see a “cash disbursement” on your account.

Note that refunds are issued once a week starting the second week of the semester. You will not need to take any action to receive your refund. If your account balance shows that a refund was issued and you have chosen option 2 above, please give a week from the check issuance date for your check to reach your address. If after this time, you still have not received a check, please contact the Accounting Office.

All refund checks (paper checks) expire 180 days (6 months) from the issue date of the check. Regulations requires federally funded refund checks (Title IV Funds) to be cashed/deposited within a timely manner.

If a refund check is never cashed, Dunwoody College of Technology must return the funds to the Department of Education within 240 days of the original refund issue date. If funds are returned, then we are not able to reissue the Title IV funds returned. The same policy is applied to refunds generated from borrowing an alternative loan to be used to pay for educational related expenses.

Refund checks generated from non-federal funds and alternative loans, that are never cashed, will be placed with the State of Minnesota as “unclaimed property” after 3 years (1095 days). If funds are placed with the state, we are not able to reissue the refund. Students will need to contact the state directly to see how to collect the unclaimed property.  Visit:


Students attending Dunwoody are required to complete the Financial Responsibility Form annually. The agreement is our way of communicating your financial expectations and ensuring that you understand the financial repercussions of being enrolled in classes at Dunwoody College of Technology (DCT). The policy outlines Dunwoody’s payment policy, holds, relationships with collection agencies, communication tools, etc.

For new students, download the Financial Responsibility Form (PDF), sign with a handwritten signature, and submit it to the Student Accounts Office via email


If you are receiving reimbursement from your employer, please be aware that you must pay your balance in full and request the reimbursement from your employer.

If your employer is paying all costs, notify the Accounting department to have your employer invoiced.

If your employer is paying for a portion of your costs, see the Student Accounts Office to make arrangements.


All students who wish to leave Dunwoody after the first week of classes must formally withdraw from his or her classes. The Dean of Students and the Provost also have the ability to withdraw a student based on attendance issues or instructor recommendation. No longer attending classes does not constitute a formal withdrawal. Students who do not attend classes and think the course(s) will automatically be dropped due to non-attendance and fail to withdraw will be assigned grades of “F” for each course.

We highly recommend that students speak with their dean(s) and program manager(s) prior to withdrawing to determine your status in the course(s).

It is highly encouraged that students visit the Financial Aid Office and Student Accounts Office prior to withdrawing to determine the impacts on financial aid and charges assessed to the student’s account. The Student Accounts Office may be able to assist you with setting up a payment plan, if necessary.

For more information, view Dunwoody’s Withdrawal Policy.


Federal regulations require students to make continuous progress towards completing a degree while attending Dunwoody. Students must meet both a minimum cumulative grade point average as well as successfully complete a percentage of their classes to continue on track to earning a degree or certification.

View Dunwoody’s Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy.


The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (20 U.S.C. § 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99) is a federal law that protects the privacy of students’ educational records. The law applies to all schools that receive funds under an applicable program of the U.S. Department of Education. Students have specific, protected rights regarding the release of such records, and FERPA requires that institutions strictly adhere to these guidelines.

FERPA guidelines protect students by guarding against the release of their records without their consent.

If you wish to release your records to parents or other individuals, fill out the Consent to Release Form (Dunwoody login required) and file it with the Registrar’s Office.

Visit the Registrar’s Office page for more information


Dunwoody will have the Annual Tuition Statement, also known as Form 1098-T, available annually by January 30th for the prior tax year. Amounts reported on Form 1098-T are used to determine eligibility for certain tax credits.  For information on how to claim an educational tax credit, please consult with a tax advisor or contact the IRS.

These statements reflect any tuition and fee charges billed to a student’s account during a calendar year and any corresponding payments made towards those charges. You WILL NOT receive a 1098T if you are making payments on a past due balance owed for a prior calendar year.

To access Form 1098-T electronically:

  • Launch a web browser and go to
  • Log In, or click “First Time Students” Button.
  • Enter your full First and Last names and the last 5 digits of your Social Security Number.
  • If records are present, you will be instructed to create a free account.  Follow the instructions on the website to obtain your 1098-T.
  • If you have difficulty creating an account or need assistance, use the “Student Help” link in the left menu or call the TRA Services Help Desk at 800-223-0043 between 10 AM and 8 PM Eastern Time, Monday through Friday.