Dunwoody students are educated on the latest “state-of-the-moment” industry tools and technologies, putting our graduates a step ahead of the competition. Explore our many academic workshops, labs, equipment, and technology available for you to learn, create, build, make, and turn theory into problem-solving.
Advanced Electronics LabLearn how to assemble and test complex circuit boards for use in a variety of electronics applications.
- 12 Digital Oscilloscopes
- 6 Advanced Soldering Stations
- Circuit Board Prototyping Mill
- 6 NIDA Microprocessor Trainers
- 6 Motorola Microcontroller Trainers
Architecture StudiosWork in open concept studio spaces designed to foster collaboration and learning.
- Individual work spaces
- Drafting kits
- Physical modeling kits
- Large format printer
- Wall and table spaces for displaying/reviewing architectural plans
Automotive Service LabA full-service automotive lab, including service desk, and more than 30 service bays
- Vehicles from multiple manufacturers, types include Compressed Natural Gas (CNG), diesel, and hybrid electric vehicles
- All DATA and Identifix automotive service information resources
- Automotive scan tools and other diagnostic tools
- Alignment system; practice units for engines, transmissions, transfer cases, etc.
- An abundance of tools used in automotive service and repair
- Honda PACT, MoparCAP (MCAP), and Toyota TTEN programs utilize original equipment manufacturer (OEM) service information, vehicles, tools, and equipment
Basic Electricity LabComplete projects that help you learn the fundamentals of electricity, including how to analyze, design, build, and test series, parallel and combination AC and DC...
- 12 Oscilloscopes
- 12 powersupplies and function generators
- 12 Elenco circuit prototyping stations
- 12 Relay Logic control panels
Collision Repair & Refinishing ShopLearn to use the many techniques, tools, and equipment needed to repair collision and other body damage to modern automotive vehicles.
- 9 MIG and wire feed welders; 2 plasma cutting torches; 10 plastic welders; 1 nitrogen plastic welder; 1 three-phase, squeeze-type resistant spot welder
- Waterborne paint booth and equipment
- Mobile air tool vacuum system
- Frame straightening system
- An abundance of tools used in autobody repair and refinishing
Commercial Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration LabLearn about the systems used to heat and air condition commercial spaces as well as equipment used in refrigeration of commercial goods such as perishable...
- A centralized commercial air handler and a building automation system, both using Johnson Controls systems
- 17 roof top units, six variable air volume boxes, 5 power roof ventilators, 2 cooling towers, 2 chillers, and 3 make-up air units for air conditioning and ventilation
- 2 industrial burners, 2 commercial gas burners, 1 steam boiler and 2 heat pumps for heating
- A wide assortments of ice cream machines, ice machines, beverage dispensers, coolers, walk-ins, and refrigerators
Computer Hardware LabBecome familiar with all the parts that go into a computer and how those interact with each other and with the operating system to create...
- 20 desktop computers (for disassembly and reassembly)
Computer Networking LabLearn how switches, routers and other networking equipment is used to link phones, computers, servers and other hardware and devices in fast, secure, and stable...
- Network switches and routers
- Cisco Academy connection software and materials
- Serial communications equipment
- Network test equipment
- Wireless networking and VOIP equipment
Construction LabTest and gain familiarity with construction and siteworks materials and fabrication construction assembling.
- Aggregate, sand, soil and concrete testing equipment
- Drum sander, thickness planer, table router, and drill press
- 10” table saw, 12” miter saw, and band saw
- Various power and hand tools, including drills and saws
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) sets
Design and Material Resource LibraryExplore a wide variety of textures, colors and materials for use in building.
- Reference books and periodicals related to design and design thinking, especially for architecture and interior design
- Fabric samples
- Tile and stone samples
- Carpet tile samples
- Wall covering samples
Electrical Design LabWork in an open concept lab space designed to foster collaboration and learning.
- Plotter for printing construction drawings
- Monitors for two-screen operations
- Multimedia wall
- Collaborative conference and presentation practice space
Electrical HouseLearn how to wire everything in a residential unit by completing projects in our three-story house, including installing an electrical service panel.
- Wire switches and lights
- Residential equipment such as water heater, A/C units, and electrical panels
- Building controls such as fire, security, access, and lighting
AC/DC Electrical LabLearn how circuits work by testing the theories of electricity and magnetism.
- Various electronic components – diodes, capacitors, LEDs
- Circuit elements such as switches, transformers, inductors, and contactors
- Experiment with multiple power sources of various voltage and frequency
- Test and measure circuits with analog and digital multi-meters, voltmeters, ammeters, wattmeters and galvometers
Electrical/Thermal Science LabLearn the basics of electrical and thermal science.
- Breadboards for electrical experiments and controls
- Equipment for BTU transfer, gain, and loss experiments
- A diverse array of air balancing testers and tools
Engineering, Materials, Mechanics & Metrology LabOpen to all manufacturing and engineering students (and those with training on the equipment), this lab brings together equipment for additive manufacturing, material testing, measurement,...
- Two Stratasys Fortus 250 3D Printers
- One Stratasys F370 3D Printer
- One Fortus 400 3D Printer
- Two MakerBot 3D Printers
- Two Zeiss Duramax Coordinate Measurement Machines
- Two MTS Criterion Tensile/Shear/Compression Testers
- 7 Haas CNC Controller Simulators
- One Zeiss Stemi 305 Microscope
Fabrication LabCreate products, prototypes, and projects by using computer-aided design tools and then producing them in cardboard, plywood, plastic, and other materials.
- 2 laser cutters
- Stratsys 3D printer
- 3-axis CNS router, belt sanders, scroll saws, drills, wire cutters
- Spray booth with utility sink
Industrial Robotics LabLearn to program industrial robots.
- 8 FANUC LR Mate Industrial Robots
- 8 Epson T3 SCARA Robots
- 1 FANUC M1-iA Delta Robot
Graphic Design StudioConceptualize, design, and share feedback on graphic design projects.
- External monitors for each student laptop
Grinding LabPractice precision grinding (abrasive machining).
- 7 precision surface grinders
- 4 pedestal grinders
- 2 Drill presses
- 1 Do-All Horizontal Saw
- 1 Do-All Chop Saw
Haas CNC Manufacturing CenterLearn to machine parts on both manual and computer numeric controlled (CNC) machines as well as how to measure and inspect your work.
- 10 Haas CNC Mini Mills
- 2 Haas ST-10 Turning Centers
- 1 Haas Tool Room Mill
- 1 Sodick Wire EDM
- 1 Charmilles Sinker EDM
Health Sciences LabDevelop a better understanding of human anatomy and physiology.
- Various anatomical models
Industrial Controls and PLC LabLearn to debug and program programmable logic controllers for use in a variety of control systems.
- 11 Allen Bradley RS500 PLCs
- 11 Allen Bradley RS5000 PLCs
- 11 Siemens S7-1200 PLCs
- 11 Cognex Machine Vision Systems
- 11 ABB VFDs
- 11 Maple Systems Touch HMIs
Packaging LabAssemble, configure, and program an array of packaging machinery to move a product from its initial state to packaged, wrapped, boxed, and palletized.
- 1 Fanuc Robot and RoboDrill Cell
- 1 Scandia Diamond Wrapper
- 1 MGS Cartoner
- 1 Checkmate Checkweigher
- 1 DoBoy Shrink Tunnel
- 1 Label-Aire Labeler
Interior Design StudiosWork in open concept studio spaces designed to foster collaboration and learning, including cross-disciplinary design charrettes.
- Individual work spaces
- Large format printer
- Wall and table spaces for displaying/reviewing sample boards and interior design plans
Motor LabLearn the fundamentals of the types of motors used in the HVAC field.
- 10 various permanent split capacitor 120 and 240 volt motors
- 10 various split phase 120 and 240 volt motors
- 8 various capacitor start 120 and 240 volt motors
- 10 various shade pole-style 120 and 240 volt motors
Printing, Finishing, and Packaging LabBring digital designs to life by printing different types of projects on a wide variety of substrates. Learn quality control of print projects and various...
- Xerox iGen4 Diamond Edition digital press
- Digital printer
- Wide format printer
Rack Server LabLearn how to install, configure, network and troubleshoot rack servers.
- 24 third generation professional grade rack servers
Radiologic Technologies LabLearn the fundamentals of and practice with X-ray machine equipment and positioning prior to completing rotations to clinical sites.
- Bennet X-ray machine and table
Renewable Energies LabLearn about renewable energies, including solar and wind. Install and commission solar and wind equipment and learn about energy management.
- 400 watt wind generator
- Wind and solar trainers, solar tracking trainer, solar shading calculators
- On-site battery storage
- Benders, cutters, reamers, and other tools used in installing solar/wind power generation units
Residential Heating & Air Conditioning LabLearn about the various types of furnaces and air conditioners used to heat and cool residential buildings.
- 6 high efficiency condensed force air furnaces and 14 mid-efficiency force air furnaces, all using diverse ignition systems
- 6 low efficiency furnaces using standing pilot and electronic ignition systems
- 6 oil-burning, high pressure gun furnaces that use primary control/cad cell ignition
- 3 electric forced air furnaces; 2 have PC board control; 1 uses sequencers
- 6 mid-to-high efficiency central air conditioners and 10 low-to-mid efficiency central air conditioners
- 5 air-to-air heat pumps using all fuel kits to interface with fossil fuel furnaces
- 1 air handler hooked up with supply ductwork
Sheet Metal LabLearn how to develop, fabricate, and install ducts and fittings.
- Zone system for creating wiring mock ups and three installation trainers for hooking sheet metal, A-coils, venting, gas piping, and electrical to furnaces
- Shears, punches, lockformers, edgers, folders and formers for cutting, forming and finishing ductwork and fittings
- 5 hand-operated sheet metal bending machines
- 3 solder stations and 2 spot welders
Surveying LabUses the Dunwoody campus and its environs as a lab for learning the tools and techniques used in surveying both outdoor and indoor spaces.
- Surveying equipment
- Trimble M3 Total Surveying Stations
- Topcon GNSS (GPS) Receivers
- Leica Laser Scanner
- Drones used for laser scanning
Weld ShopPractice various weld processes, including oxyacetylene welding and cutting, stick welding, wire feed welding, and tungsten inert gas welding.
- 36 welding booths
- 18 Lincoln C300 MIG/Stick Welders
- 18 Miller Dynasty 280DX TIG/STICK Welders
- Plasma Cutter
- Bettenbender Metal Shear
- Pirahna Ironworker
- Jet Horizontal Saw
- Do-All Horizontal Saw