Youth Career Awareness Program (YCAP)
Dunwoody College of Technology’s Youth Career Awareness Program (YCAP) started in 1988. Since then, YCAP has assisted more than 1,300 students.
YCAP’s Mission is to:
- Enhance the career opportunities of under-represented youth.
- Empower high school juniors and seniors to graduate from high school.
- Encourage students to earn a degree from Dunwoody.
Scholarship benefits include:
- A scholarship of up to $10,000/year for two years
- $500 per semester to assist with books and technology fees
- Mentorship and monthly workshop trainings, including personal finance, time management, and job interviewing skills.
The YCAP Experience
About the Scholarship Program
To be considered for YCAP, students must:
- Be interested in a technical career
- Be currently in 11th grade
- Have a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Be available to attend a four-and-a-half-week YCAP Summer Camp from June 10 through July 12, 2019.
If you are ready to apply, you may complete the Youth Career Awareness Program Scholarship Application. There are two ways you may do this:
1.) You can print the PDF below and fill out the application by hand.
The completed application, along with all required application materials, can be mailed to:
YCAP Program Manager
Dunwoody College of Technology
818 Dunwoody Blvd.
Minneapolis, MN 55403
2.) You can apply online by filling out the form below.
Please note your application, high school transcript, FAFSA application (required only for graduating seniors), and phone interview must be submitted and/or completed no later than May 1, 2019.
If chosen to participate in YCAP, you must attend a four-and-a-half-week summer camp that helps prepare you for college. During the camp you will:
- Explore career opportunities available through the technical programs offered at Dunwoody
- Take college-readiness courses
- Go on field trips to places like the Walker Arts Center, the Wabasha Caves, and the St. Paul Cathedral
- Visit job sites and talk to industry partners about what everyday life is like on their job
- Receive a $100 weekly stipend, free bus pass, and free lunch for the duration of the camp
If you find a career path that interests you following the YCAP Summer Camp, you’ll have the opportunity to attend Dunwoody after high school graduation.
YCAP participants who attend Dunwoody will receive up to a $10,000 scholarship award per year in financial aid assistance. Awards are renewable up to two years or until a degree is earned, whichever occurs first, as long as you maintain scholarship eligibility.