Women In Technical Careers (WITC)
Women in Technical Careers is a scholarship program designed to help female students succeed in a technical degree program at Dunwoody College of Technology and launch into a great career.
Most jobs requiring a technical degree are non-traditional for women (defined by federal law as employing fewer than 25 percent women nationwide), despite those same jobs delivering higher median wages, greater job security, and more opportunities for advancement than historically female-dominated jobs. Our mission is to empower women to earn technical degrees from Dunwoody College of Technology and eliminate barriers for women to enter and succeed in technical industries.
Scholarship benefits include:
- A scholarship of up to $10,000/year to augment your financial aid package.
- A childcare stipend of $1,500/year if eligible.
- Monthly professional development workshops, which will prepare you for a successful career.
- Targeted advising and academic support, which will help ease your transition to college.
- A strong peer support network
- Support form the Program Manager and other program participants.
- Career-focused mentoring program, which will connect you to women working in the industry.
About the Scholarship Program
You must meet all of the following criteria to be considered for this scholarship program:
- Must self-identify as a woman or a non-binary individual
- Must apply and be accepted into a 2-year or 4-year program at Dunwoody College of Technology in one of the following areas: Automotive, Computer Technology, Construction Sciences & Building Technology*, Robotics & Manufacturing, or the School of Engineering
- Must complete the FAFSA and be able to demonstrate a high financial need
- Must have earned a high school diploma or GED prior to the Fall 2019 semester
*Note: Students enrolled in Dunwoody’s Interior Design program are not eligible for the WITC scholarship.
If you are ready to apply, you may complete the Women In Technical Careers Scholarship Application. There are two ways you may do this:
1.) You can print the PDF below and fill out the application by hand.
The completed application, along with all required application materials, can be mailed or emailed to:
Associate Director of Women’s Initiatives
Dunwoody College of Technology
818 Dunwoody Blvd.
Minneapolis, MN 55403
2.) You can apply online by filling out the form below.
Please note your application, transcripts, FAFSA, scholarship essay, letter of recommendation, and the scholarship interview must be submitted and/or completed no later than May 1, 2019.
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of demonstrated need and anticipated success in the program. Work experience, goals and aspirations, challenging personal or family circumstances, strength of letters of reference, and success during the scholarship interview will also be considered. Recipients will be selected from a pool of qualified applicants with consideration given to those who demonstrate the greatest financial need.
Not all applicants to the program will be guaranteed acceptance.
If selected as a recipient, you will receive up to a $10,000 scholarship award per year in financial aid assistance. Awards are renewable up to two years or until a degree is earned, whichever occurs first, as long at you maintain scholarship eligibility.