New Program; First Graduating Class in 2020
Facilities Operations & Management
Launch a career managing systems and operations for modern, networked buildings and facilities.
Job Inquiries Per Dunwoody Graduate
Source 2017-18 Dunwoody Career Services Annual Report
Learn more about Facilities Operations & Management:
Facility Management LabUse the Dunwoody campus—including the newly constructed Welcome Center and Learning Commons—as a lab for learning building systems in both modern and historic spaces.
AC/DC Electrical LabLearn how circuits work by testing the theories of electricity and magnetism.
- Various electronic components – diodes, capacitors, LEDs
- Circuit elements such as switches, transformers, inductors, and contactors
- Experiment with multiple power sources of various voltage and frequency
- Test and measure circuits with analog and digital multi-meters, voltmeters, ammeters, wattmeters and galvometers
Renewable Energies LabLearn about renewable energies, including solar and wind. Install and commission solar and wind equipment and learn about energy management.
- 400 watt wind generator
- Wind and solar trainers, solar tracking trainer, solar shading calculators
- On-site battery storage
- Benders, cutters, reamers, and other tools used in installing solar/wind power generation units
Commercial Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration LabLearn about the systems used to heat and air condition commercial spaces as well as equipment used in refrigeration of commercial goods such as perishable...
- 17 roof top units, six variable air volume boxes, 5 power roof ventilators, 2 cooling towers, 2 chillers, and 3 make-up air units for air conditioning and ventilation
- 2 industrial burners, 2 commercial gas burners, 1 steam boiler and 2 heat pumps for heating