Where did you grow up?
I grew up in Champlin, MN.
Where did you attend college? What is your degree in?
I graduated from the MN School of Business with a Bachelor of Science in Business Management with a Human Resource emphasis; an Associate of Applied Science in Business Administration; and diplomas in Medical Office Administration and Business System Specialist.
How long have you been working at Dunwoody?
I have been with Dunwoody just over six years.
What do you like most about working at Dunwoody?
Commencement day! I am fortunate to be a part of the Commencement planning committee, so I can attest to the fact that a lot of hard work and preparation goes into the planning and preparation for Commencement and the events leading up to it. But once the ceremony gets started, it’s a wonderful feeling to just step back and watch the pride and sense of accomplishment that radiates from the graduates’ faces as they cross the stage to receive their diplomas.
What are a few of your hobbies?
I love photography, fishing, travel, and hanging with my husband and our fur babies: Bentley and Zoe (our Oldee English Bulldogs) and Coopurr and Riley (our Bengal cats).
What’s your favorite movie genre? Any all-time favorite movies?
My preference are romantic comedies. My favorite movie is “Armageddon.”
What is the best dish you know how to make?
Cheesy hash brown potatoes.
What three things could you not live without?
- My friends and family
- My pets
- Diet Coke
What is the most recent item/thing you’ve crossed off your bucket list?
Last summer, my husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary with a two-week vacation/fishing trip in Alaska. It exceeded our expectations, which I didn’t think was possible.
Do you have any New Year resolutions?
I no longer make New Year’s resolutions. Instead, I choose to set short-term goals throughout the year.
- My favorite food is pizza.
- I love visiting our National Parks! So far, I have been to:
- Badlands National Park
- Denali National Park & Preserve
- Glacier National Park (multiple times)
- Grand Canyon National Park
- Grand Teton National Park
- Kenai Fjords National Park
- Mount Rainier National Park
- Mount Rushmore National Memorial
- Yellowstone National Park (multiple times)
- I met my husband while he was a Dunwoody student 28 years ago. Both he and his father attended Dunwoody’s auto body program.
- My dream job would be to travel the world as a wildlife/landscape photographer.