The Commencement Ceremony
Join the livestream at: dunwoody.edu/commencement
Commencement is the recognition of the academic achievements and lasting contributions made to Dunwoody by the graduating classes. You are invited to celebrate one of life’s most significant milestones with classmates, family, and friends who have supported you on your journey.
Due to the current health pandemic, Dunwoody has made the difficult decision to switch our regular Commencement Exercises to a virtual format. The decision came after recent guidance from the Minnesota Governor’s Office instructed schools to not hold in-person events, and to instead transition them to online-only events. We know this decision is in the best interest of our students, employees, and guests.
The Virtual Commencement will be pre-recorded and posted live at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, July 22. After this viewing, a link to the ceremony will be available on the commencement page on our website for anyone not able to attend the virtual event.
We would like to extend an invitation for you to participate in next year’s Commencement Exercises as well. Please watch the Dunwoody website in March 2021 for more information on how you can participate in this ceremony.
A formal invitation will be mailed to homes, followed by a Commencement package in mid-summer. The Commencement package will include:
- Diploma Cover
- Graduation Cap & Tassel
- Any awards, honors, and/or cords received
- If you would like to request a graduation gown in addition to your cap, follow this link to order.
- This year’s Commencement Ceremony will be livestreamed and posted publically on the web. During the ceremony your name will be read aloud and appear on the screen along with your degree level, program name, and any awards or honors received. If you DO NOT want your name and information to appear on screen and read during the ceremony, please notify email@example.com no later than June 26.
Please share the virtual ceremony information and link with your family and friends.
- Diploma Mailing: Diplomas will be mailed 4-6 weeks after degrees have been conferred.
- Transcript Requests: Order an official transcript.
Stay involved! Learn about Dunwoody’s Alumni Association