Dunwoody’s Industry Mentorship Program
Dunwoody is seeking professional women to serve as mentors for students in the WITC program!
Mentors will be matched with a student pursuing a similar career. Mentors will provide individual attention to their mentees and help support them by sharing job searching advice, industry information, and personal experiences that help prepare them for life after graduation.
Professionals in the following fields are preferred:
- Web programming/database development
- Computer networking/IT
- Welding and metal fabrication
- Construction project management (residential)
- Automotive service
- Industrial engineering/process engineering
If you would like to be considered as a mentor for the 2018-19 school year, please fill out the form below.
WITC Mentor Job Description
- Can commit to a six month mentoring relationship (October – April)
- Are women working in the following technical STEM fields – Automotive, Computer Technology, Construction Science, Robotics, Manufacturing, and Engineering
- Are interested in building a positive, supportive relationship with a current Dunwoody student
- Attend a mentor orientation
- Meet with student in-person at least once per month
- Touch base with student via email, phone, or text at least once per week
- Act as a resource and guide
- Be willing to communicate regularly with the program manager and attend additional program events as able.
- 1-3 hours each month
- Personal fulfillment through contribution to an individual student and the larger industry
- Satisfaction in helping a student achieve her goals
- Training sessions and group activities
Become a Mentor
Ready to become a mentor? Complete the Industry Mentor application below. Applicants will be interviewed and matched with students in early fall.